Public Meeting San Diego River Conservancy – May 14, 2020 – Teleconference
Notice of Public Meeting
San Diego River Conservancy
A public meeting of the Governing Board of
The San Diego River Conservancy
will be held Thursday,
May 14, 2020
2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
IN PERSON MEETING PARTICIPATION PROHIBITED
Call: (877) 402-9757
Access Code: 606349 (press # after entering code)
In accordance with the Governor’s Executive Order N-29-20 issued March 18, 2020, to maximize social distancing and public safety, the San Diego River Conservancy will conduct this meeting by telephone only. Board members, staff, and the public may participate remotely using the teleconference phone number and access code noted above. Please mute your phone unless you are speaking.
For Questions Contact:
Wendell Taper at firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 390-0568
Download the Board Meeting packet for this meeting:
The Board may take agenda items out of order to accommodate speakers and to maintain a quorum, unless noted as time specific.
1. Roll Call
2. Approval of Minutes (ACTION)
Consider approval of minutes for the January 9, 2020 meeting.
3. Public Comment (INFORMATIONAL)
Any person may address the Governing Board at this time regarding any matter within the Board’s authority. Presentations will be limited to three minutes for individuals and five minutes for representatives of organizations. Submission of information in writing is encouraged. The Board is prohibited by law from taking any action on matters that are discussed that are not on the agenda; no adverse conclusions should be drawn by the Board’s not responding to such matters or public comments.
4. Chairperson’s and Governing Board Members’ Report (INFORMATIONAL/ ACTION)
5. Deputy Attorney General Report (INFORMATIONAL/ ACTION)
6. Health and Safety Report (INFORMATIONAL)
7. Contamination Study by San Diego State University (INFORMATIONAL)
San Diego State University (SDSU) Professors from the Department of Civil Construction and Environmental Engineering will present an overview and summary of results from the study entitled, “Increasing Preparedness in the San Diego River Watershed for Potential Contamination Events”
- Video overview (link to https://youtu.be/JrND_HBKB0k )
- Executive Summary (in PDF) (doc)
- Fact Sheet – Key Terms (in PDF) (doc)
Natalie Mladenov, Ph.D, Associate Professor, SDSU
Alicia Kinoshita Ph.D, Associate Professor, SDSU
Matthew Verbyla, Ph.D, Assistant Professor, SDSU
8. Main Street – Green Street Improvements – Proposition 68 (ACTION)
The City of El Cajon seeks $250,000 in Proposition 68 grant funds to install green street improvements including low impact devices and planters to improve storm water runoff and to plant native trees along Main Street in the City of El Cajon. This proposed project will support a larger project, the “El Cajon Transit Center Community Connection Improvements” project, which was funded in part through the SANDAG Smart Growth Incentive Program.
- Video overview (link to https://youtu.be/yqj2C_cUxXs )
- Conservancy Resolution 20-03 (in PDF) (doc)
- Staff Report for Resolution 20-03 (in PDF) (doc)
Jeffrey Manchester, Principal Civil Engineer, City of El Cajon
Tony Mendoza, Associate Engineer, City of El Cajon
Recommendation: Approve Resolution 20-03
9. Lindo Lake Restoration and Improvements to Public Access- Proposition 68 (ACTION)
The County seeks $2,000,000, and Staff is recommending $250,000, in Proposition 68 grant funds to restore Lindo Lakes County Park’s east basin, install native trees and vegetation, construct a fishing pier and bird viewing station(s), and provide ADA access to a trail loop around Lindo Lakes.
- Video overview (link to https://youtu.be/kwzozDRA7ow )
- Conservancy Resolution 20-04 (in PDF) (doc)
- Staff Report for Resolution 20-04 (in PDF) (doc)
Ieszic Formeller, Park Project Manager, County of San Diego Parks and Recreation
Recommendation: Approve Resolution 20-04
10. Executive Officer’s Report (INFORMATIONAL/ ACTION)
The following topics may be included in the Executive Officer’s Report. The Board may take action regarding any of them:
- Draft Guidelines for Greening San Diego Program (in PDF) (doc)
- Proposition 68 Update (in PDF) (doc)
- Proposition 1 Update (in PDF) (doc)
11. Next Meeting
The next regularly scheduled Board meeting will be held July 9, 2020, from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
If you require a disability related modification or accommodation to participate in this meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please call Wendell Taper at 619-390-0568 or Julia Richards at 619-507-5085